We normally enroll new students the first Tuesday of each month, with the exception of July and December. The following school schedules are possible:
(1) Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 - 3:30 and Saturday 0r (2) Tuesday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30 and Saturday 8:30 - 3:30
Attending school for 30 hours per week (Schedule 1) allows for completion of the program in 12 months. The typical student attending this schedule normally graduates within 55 weeks or less. Attending school for 34 hours per week (Schedule 2) allows for possible completion of the program in less than 11 months. The typical student attending this schedule normally graduates in 48.5 weeks or less.
The course itself is 1500 clock hours in length. Other schedules may be arranged with approval from the School Director.
- All students must attend a personal interview with the Admissions/Financial Aid Director
- Students must be at least 17 years old by their projected graduation date
- Students must have a valid driver's license, other picture I.D. or birth certificate, as well as a Social Security Card that can be copied for our files.
- Students must have a High School Diploma or be able to furnish the school with a transcript showing their date of graduation from High School. A GED is also accepted in lieu of the Diploma.*
- If a student has been married or otherwise changed their name since completion of High school or their GED program, a copy of the marriage certificate, or other documentation to verify name change will be needed in order to sit for the licensure exam.
- If a student wishes to receive credit for prior Cosmetology training, he/she must furnish the office with a certified transcript of hours received BEFORE any contract or financial aid is calculated. There is no guarantee that all hours will be accepted.
- Once a student has decided to attend the institution, he/she must turn in a completed application packet for enrollment, along with a $100.00 enrollment fee.
- All students meeting the Admissions Requirements will be accepted for enrollment regardless of sex, race, age, color, ethnic origin or religion.
*Please note: Our State Board of Cosmetology DOES NOT recognize Diplomas earned through correspondence schools or colleges unless fully verifiable and accredited by the Department of Education.